BEFORE:
AFTER:
Overall, there wasn't much wrong with the kitchen. It was a really drab yellow, so we had to change that. I don't know why everyone seems to think yellow is the only color a kitchen can be. It doesn't always go, people! We also bought a new refrigerator and moved this one out to the garage. It's the "man fridge" now. ;)
We love the addition of the breakfast nook. We were able to purchase a used table for cheap that fits perfectly in it. The kids are completely confused about which table is which, but it is working out great!
Compared to the last house we almost bought, this kitchen is a HUGE improvement. But it is quite a bit smaller than the condo kitchen. The reality is, the kitchen in the condo sold it for us. That thing was huge and beautiful! Unless we buy a new house, we just aren't going to get that kind of space. And after a lot of thought, I'm ok with that. Yes, I spend a large portion of my day in that room, but newer houses don't have basements...and I LOVE my basement. Everything is a compromise. This is the one we made, and we're happy with it.
4 comments:
"Man Fridge" => read: nearly a kegerator
I love the kitchen with the "breakfast nook". We had a nook kind of like that in our house on the South Hill when Joe was about 3 :) The color looks like sky blue, very cheerful! Love, Katie
I love the kitchen with the "breakfast nook". We had a nook kind of like that in our house on the South Hill when Joe was about 3 :) The color looks like sky blue, very cheerful! Love, Katie
cute nook!
Post a Comment