BEFORE:
AFTER:
The living room and dining room haven't had much done to them yet. We removed the popcorn ceilings, but that's it so far. Hopefully before spring we'll paint in here, but I'm not in a huge hurry. Maybe in the dark days of January or February I'll take on that task. I'm kinda tired of painting right now! LOL!
I did, however, really enjoy shopping for furniture for this room. We've never had a formal living room and dining room before. I didn't want it to feel "formal" and make everyone scared to touch anything in it. We are first and foremost about our family. Kids and animals are welcome everywhere. So I wanted it to be nice, but not untouchable.
What I ended up with is a bunch of antiques! The hope chest above is possibly my favorite piece. The wood is gorgeous! AND it's functional...it holds all our books and photo albums. As always, my kind of furniture :) I think my Thomas Kincaide painting that my parents got me a few years back go with it beautifully.
This is an antique sewing table I picked up in Spokane. My dad had to do a little work to it, but I won't tell you where. He did a great job!! It's a White, NOT a Singer, and according to its serial number it's almost 100 years old. Pretty cool!
Yet another functional and pretty piece of furniture. My roll top desk. I got this as a steal from a guy in Spokane. It is in just remarkable condition and works great for a bill/craft area and as a complementing piece. After we bought it and took it to my parents house, I realized that my mom has an identical (just not roll top) desk! Pretty cool!
2 comments:
Hi, your house is looking FANTASTIC! Great job, but I am sure it has been a ton of work. I just wanted to say that my Grandma had the exact same desk too. I have now inherited it and I love it!
I love what you've done with the living and dining room!
I really like the way you've arranged the furniture and used the space. The pieces you've picked up are very nice:) Love, Katie
Post a Comment