Thursday, October 14, 2010

Ben's Room

Not the best, but here is a BEFORE picture of Ben's room. It was nothing remarkable.

Here's the AFTER




The pictures on the wall are actually vinyl. Kind of like stickers for your car. I found them online and thought they worked great with the space theme. The white ones are UFO's with stars and galaxies.

The silver one is the inside of the Space Shuttle. The picture next to it is Garrett Reisman, an actual NASA Astronaut! Dr. Reisman has been to space two times. Most recently in May of 2010. Joe met him at work last year and had him sign pictures to Ben and Maddie. How perfect is that?!



To top off his room there are glow in the dark stars all over his ceiling.
I must admit...This is my favorite room in the whole house. It was so fun to put together! Honestly, you can find all kinds of space decorations. But I was proud of the fact that "non-crafty" me was able to take a bunch of random things and make them work together. It's fun and whimsical and all boy. Ben loves his room, too and that makes it totally worth it :)

4 comments:

Robert Salnick said...

I love the glow-in-the-dark stars!

Years ago, I had the privilege of seeing a room that someone had done the night sky on, in an amazing way. They positioned a miniature night sky projector at the chosen viewpoint, and then put dabs of glow-in-the-dark paint at each projected point of light. With the lights out, the effect was amazing! Because of the method used, the shape of the room disappeared at the chosen viewpoint, and it really looked like you were outside at night!

Katie said...

Ben , you have such a cool room!! I think you are "space-man":)
Becky, awesome job for a boy's room!! Love, Katie

Beka said...

love the bright colors!

Lyndsay said...

That blue and green are my favorite boy colors. The boys room that those two colors and bright orange. Love vibrant colors!! You did great!!! I noticed the train table too...my mom and dad got that exact table for the boys for their Christmas present this year. I think I'm more excited to play with it! :)