I'm starting someplace odd and boring: the bathrooms. Two of them to be exact. We actually have three, but the third one (the master) needs a major overhaul of 70's awesomeness and we ran out of money. I think in the next 6 months or so we'll completely redo it, but until then, it's vacant.
The first bathroom is actually the basement bathroom. The previous owners used the basement as the master suite. At some point they turned the laundry room into a walk-in closet and expanded the bathroom, putting in a double shower and a jacuzzi tub. ....We don't quite get it. But I'm not one to complain. I've used the tub several times now! We turned the basement back into a rec. room (which I'm sure it was originally intended as) and turned the old laundry room/closet into a guest room! More pictures on those updates in a later blog. For now, check out my "spa" :)
I think we'll repaint this bathroom eventually. It's a little to white for me. But the tile work is beautiful and the tub is very relaxing. Love it! Aren't our house guests lucky? This is the bathroom they get when they stay with us.
The other bathroom I'm showing you is the upstairs main (AKA kids bathroom). I didn't take before pictures for some reason, but I should have. When we moved in we'd intended to paint and put in new floors, but we didn't realize how soon that would happen. On the second night of living here, Ben decided that the water from the tub looked better on the floor. So out it went. Unfortunately, that water also looked good on the basement ceiling...and floor. Ugh! After some investigation we realized that the "floor" (and I use the term loosely) was never meant for a bathroom. They were those individual vinyl tiles that stick to the wood? Um, yeah, not very waterproof shockingly.
Last Wednesday, the "best tiler this side of the Mississippi," Keith McNeil, came down with dad and they put in a new tile floor for us. It's beautiful! AND waterproof!! We repainted, put in new molding and toilet, cleaned the tub (there was old paint on the sides), and bought new linens. The bathroom is so practically brand new and we did it all for $100! Thank you to Keith and dad!!
1 comment:
bathrooms look great!
Post a Comment