Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Guest Room

The "Guest room," as we've made it, was originally the laundry room. We're not quite sure how it all looked in the basement since they put in that massive bathroom. But we do know that it did, at one point, have the laundry down there. Then the basement was turned into the master and the laundry room turned into a giant walk-in closet. That was how we got it. I forgot to take pictures with all the shelving up, but it was there. And it made the room look teeny tiny. I measured several times to make sure I wasn't crazy! Joe didn't believe that a bed would fit in it...but it does!

BEFORE:


In order to turn it into a guest room, we had to remove all the *awesome* paneling (which had been painted...poorly), then tape the sheetrock, sand, retape, sand, splatter for texture, paint, and put up Wainscoting. ....Phew! It was A TON of work. Far more than I anticipated, even with my knowledge of sheetrocking. I think two kids and a dog added to the nuttiness a bit ;)
This was our last major move in project. It didn't turn out perfect, but it works.
AFTER:




The room is small, but a full size bed does fit in it. It's SO nice to have a guest room! I can't even begin to tell you. My poor parents were stuck on the floor in our living room at the condo for 5 years. It's about time they get a room and a bed to sleep in when they visit!! AND they get the super nice bathroom, so that ain't too bad :)

2 comments:

Katie said...

I think your guest room is very pretty! I like the light lavender and the wainscoating. Yes, that sounds like a ton of work!! I think you all have become part-time master builders:)

Beka said...

Huge improvement - so much work!