Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Maddie's Room

If you ask Maddie what she wanted in her room, she'd tell you "lions." Now, I appreciate my daughter's crazy imagination. I do! But I wasn't about to paint her room orange and put a giant lion's head on the wall. Sorry.

I got this idea from Pottery Barn Kids and went with it. Maddie was able to pick out her colors. She also got new wood blinds that do an amazing job of blocking out the light and heat.



I'm not sure if you can tell in these pictures, but the ceiling fan was in this room when we moved in. It's pink and has little white flowers on it. I got the decorations for Maddie's room long before I even saw this room, so it's just amazing that they fit so well together!




These butterflies are made of nylon and metal. They're hanging from fish wire and I positioned them like they're flying over her head at night. Her favorite is the rainbow one :)

The flowers, butterflies and bees are also made of nylon. I put them on the wall with a tack and then I feathered them out. It's a pretty cool effect! They look like they're just stuck on the wall, but as you look closer, you realize her walls are 3-D!


4 comments:

Beka said...

love the little butterflies!

Lyndsay said...

So cute...what do Maddie and Ben think about not sleeping in the same room anymore?

The Ames Family said...

They're totally fine with it either way. Ben is a big scardy-cat, so I would say that he was a bit more concerned, but got over it after seeing his room. When we travel they still stay together, so either way works for them.

Katie said...

Maddie, I love your room:) The colors are perfect! I like butterflies too!!
Becky, you are very creative!! Love, Katie