Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Woodland Park Zoo

Last Tuesday we went to the zoo with Heather and her extended family. We hadn't been there for about a year, so the kids enjoyed it a lot! We saw zebras, giraffs, hippos, monkeys, elephants, tigers, bears, falcons, owls, and the new penguin exibit!



This monkey (or ape. I can never tell) put on quite a show for us!




I have NEVER seen the tigers so excited. There were two of them. They roamed the enclosure and at point, one roared! Ben kept saying, "kitty! Scawy!"



The new penguin exhibit just opened in May. It's pretty cool! You can see into the the water and watch the penguins play (as Maddie and Caleb or doing here) or you can see above surface where they waddle!



Heather and I have taken to labeling the kids to make it easier to communicate between us according to birth order. Caleb, 1, Maddie, 2, Ben, 3, Dillon, 4. We can yell through a crowd, "I've got 3 and 4. Do you have 1 and 2?" It's silly, but effective. Here's a rare moment when they're all together and all doing the same thing: looking for penguins.

2 comments:

Katie said...

I finally got caught up on the blog:) I love it! Great pix and narrative!! Katie

Katie said...

I finally got caught up on the blog:) I love it! Great pix and narrative!! Katie