Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Maddie at the Beach

Yes, that is a GIRL Superman shirt. I love this picture. It's very "10"-esque. And if she ever wears a swimsuit like Bo Derek's, she's a dead woman!


Maddie didn't really understand what "ocean" was before we left, but she definitely understood "kite." She talked of nothing else for days!! "Can I fly my kite, mommy?" over and over again. The afternoon we got there my dad got it out for her, but was a little concerned when she asked to hold it. He thought for sure he was going to be buying a new kite. Boy, did she prove him wrong! Maddie not only held on, she figured out how to move with it to keep it in the air! We were all VERY impressed by her strength and focus :)

Wave running = best game ever!


On Saturday, Maddie and I both came down with colds (thanks, Ben). The poor girl was definitely done with the frigid waters after that. So Sunday morning I persuaded her to put a sweatshirt on over her swimsuit (in hopes that she'd go in the water anyway). It didn't work. But she made some really cute "kites" in the sand with her stick!

1 comment:

momstheword said...

Just don't put her hair in cornrows and you won't have to worry about it, lol! Wow, I thought she'd lose the kite too.