Thursday, July 30, 2009

Attack of the killer bees

Last Wednesday, Ben came inside crying hysterically (and that's saying something when you're a toddler), complaining about his hand. I opened it up and looked carefully but all I found was what looked like a bee "butt" and a stinger lying in his palm. A few minutes went by, and I thought he was ok if not a little spooked, when a bee popped out of his shirt and started walking all over his face!! Needless to say, it scared the c-r-a-p out of all of us! The bee would fly away a few feet and come back to Ben. Joe, our hero, was able to catch it in his shirt and drown it in the sink. I am SO thankful that it didn't have its' stinger, because Ben would've gotten hit several times.

Anyway, later that night Joe discovered where the bee had come from. About 20 feet from our door the bees had made a lovely nest in the roots of a tree! It's right next to where the kids play and we walk to and from the car. Bad location! Well, Joe sprayed them that night and we thought we'd taken care of it. Nope! The next night we saw them again. My parents were here for Ben's birthday, so my dad went out and tried to spray them and got stung!

The next few days we were running all over the place with party activities and didn't take much notice of the bees. Then Sunday came with a heat wave and we were all outside enjoying some sprinkler fun. All of a sudden, Maddie started screaming and when she moved her towel Joe and my dad saw the bee fly away.

Here is a picture of the "wound." Poor girl! What bad placement!

I always feel better after a chocolate chip cookie too :)

This time, Joe didn't miss! He not only sprayed more poison down there, but also lighter fluid, water, and dirt. He is VERY protective of his little girl, and said he would've lit it on fire had the tree not been there. Somehow he didn't think the Home Owner's Association would understand avenging Maddie. haha!!

The bees are gone, but I think it was a pretty darn big nest. Luckily, no one else got stung.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love to kiss it better for her and get a taste of her little pu--y
too I love the taste of toddler pu--y