Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Ben's Birthday Party

On Saturday, we had Ben's birthday party at a park in Kent. I fear that for a long time Ben's birthdays will be at a park (and will always be outside after that). It's for all the winter kids who never get sunny weather for their birthdays :)

I made a point this year to invite boys to the party. Not that girls were UNinvited, but this is a little boy's party and I wanted him to hang with other little guys. The park had a great beach, a play area and lots of green grass to run in. Joe made a fabulous lunch!! We had burgers, hot dogs, potato and macaroni salads, and the special treat: pulled beef. Yummo!

Here's Ben and Dillon playing with Grama and Papa (not shown). In the last few months, Heather and I have noticed that Ben and Dillon are getting closer. It's as if they're realizing that they're the same size and they're buddies! It's so sweet :)

What imaginations! Andrew (in the red) is pushing balls through the holes to Caleb, Alexis, and Ben. I'm not sure what the point is (in their "game"), but they were sure having fun!

Our kids are so lucky to have Papa! He is just an oversized kid! Here's Andrew throwing a water ballon (it's purple and about half way between them) at my dad. Lexi actually broke the water balloon on the wall, and let me tell you, she was quite pleased with herself! It entertained the adults as well. Haha!

Before we started, Ben picked up the car on his cake and checked it out. Luckily, he had the presence of mind to put it back so we could sing to him. He sat quietly and watched everyone, but I don't think he really *got* it. He also didn't get the concept of "blowing out the candles: (I should've practiced with him!). So daddy came to his rescue.

All the party peeps hanging out.

It was a great day!! We all had lots of fun and enjoyed our friends! Thank you to everyone who came!!!!

No comments: