Monday, July 6, 2009

Playtime with Sawyer

Spokane Blog #4



This is Sawyer. Isn't he a doll?! He is the son of my ninth grade basketball coach, Molly! Thanks to too much time on Facebook, I reconnected with Molly a few months ago. I was on her very first team back at Northwood!! She was a great coach, even in the beginning. She still lives in Spokane, and now has this beautiful little boy (along with a husband, of course :) who is 3 weeks younger than Ben.


We thought it'd be fun to get the kids together when I was in Spokane. I know a lot of people in my hometown, but not too many with kids Maddie and Ben's age. I figured they'd love to get to spend time with another little person, even if they didn't know him. ...And we did :)







Poor Sawyer. I don't think he knew what to do with Maddie and Ben. They were running all over the place, being crazy. He just kind of watched them and then explored on his own. But at some point, they all kind of congregated together and played in the sand. Maddie seemed to lead the pack and be completely enthralled with the sand. Ben was mildly impressed, mainly following the lead of Maddie. Sawyer didn't have a clue what the other two were doing! But he figured they must know something he didn't. So he bent down and clapped his hands together. It was so cute!


I was so bummed! We went to Shadle High School to play at their sprinkler park. But the sprinkler park was broken :( The kids were so sad...we'd been telling them all morning that the sprinklers would be on soon. Well, the kids decided that they didn't need to have the sprinkler *park* to have fun in the sprinklers! They found an actual sprinkler nearby and went to town. Sawyer got drenched!!! He was incredibly brave, I was impressed. Maddie was the wimpiest...she barely went in. Funny how the roles reverse, isn't it?




Here they are waiting for the sprinkler to come back around. We had a great morning! Thanks so much Molly and Sawyer for making the trek out to see us!!!! Hopefully we can do it again the next time we're in Spokane :)

No comments: