A few weeks ago, Joe and I had the opportunity to go out on a date! We went to Daniel's Broiler for dinner and the Michael Buble Concert. We haven't been out on a date in at least 6 months, so it was wonderful to reconnect and spend some time together.
Daniel's was FANTASTIC!! We used to eat at really nice restaurants all the time, but then we had kids. Daniel's isn't exactly a place for a rambunctious 2 1/2 yr. old. We even splurged and shared cheesecake. I haven't had cheesecake in months. It was worth every single mile the next day ;)A very nice seat attendant offered to take our picture. It was pretty cold out and we had walked a long way, so our cheeks are all rosy. I think it adds a little something, don't you?
Michael Buble was amazing! I have only been to a few concerts in my time (Joe was a conert virgin), but this one was by far the best one. With ticket prices RIDICULOUS these days, I can't imagine paying $100 per ticket for anyone else. The fact that I have a HUGE crush on him has nothing to do with it ;) Joe who? Just kidding, honey!
It was actually an extra special concert because, as Michael is from Vancouver Canada, his whole family came down to see him. He brought his nephew on stage and "introduced him to 12,000 people." It was so cute! His grandfather was there, too. He would trade his plumbing services for time at the mic for Michael in hotels and clubs. We got to hear lots of family stories, which was really a personal touch. My favorite was when he told the story about all his grandfather had done to get him in the business and dedicated "Georgia on my Mind" to him. As the song started he added, "I love you too, Grandma!" Haha!
It was a wonderful evening. Thanks to my parents for taking care of the kiddos so we could go. We really appreciate it :)
No comments:
Post a Comment