Sunday, May 2, 2010

Seahawks 12K Run

Back in April, I ran a 12k (7.46 miles) down by Lake Washington in Renton. To put that in perspective, that is the same distance as Bloomsday but without Doomsday Hill. I had initially signed up for the 3.1 mile portion, but for some bizarre reason, got brave and changed my registration.

I ran with my friend, Debbie, and another gal from our class, Michelle. We are all in pretty good shape, and had similar paces so it worked out really well! And since it was so close to home, Joe and the kids were able to come down and cheer me on :) That was the best part!

For purely selfish reasons, I'd just like to point out my "bulging" quad in this photo. I've worked really hard to get that darn thing back!! Haha!


I was hoping (read: expecting) to finish this race in about 1 hour, 45 minutes. We were all astounded at our actual times. Mine was 1 hour 13 minutes and change. Whoo Hoo!

3 comments:

e said...

way to go becky!

Colby said...

I'm so impressed with your commitment! When are you running a marathon? ;)

The Ames Family said...

Haha! Thanks, Colby! No, this is as far as I go for now :)