Over the summer I got incredibly bored with reruns and decided to rewatch the entire series start to finish. In all, there are 9 seasons and well over 200 episodes. That's a lot of aliens! At this moment I have 2 seasons to go. But I digress. At some point in August, I realized that I used to have some X Files memorabilia, and my parents being the savers that they are, had them in their shop! Whoo hoo! I asked my mom to hunt them down and bring all that she could. Here is one of our phone conversations:
Mom: I found your X Files stuff.
Me: YAY!
Mom: There were 4 'action figures' and some magazines.
Me: Great! Bring them over!
Mom: There was...one other thing. Did you remember that you were a member of the X Files Fan club??
Yes, that's right people. I was an Official member of the X Files Fan Club over 10 years ago! If that chuckle is now a full blown laugh, I understand. Even back then I knew I was a complete nerd. Funny how some things never change.
The next time we saw them, they had my X Files stuff. The action figures (Mulder is NOT a doll, thank you very much) were still pristine in their box. I enjoyed reading through the magazines, but it took a while to bring myself to open the boxes. One day I just went for it.
The kids LOVED them! Maddie knows EXACTLY who Agents Scully and Mulder are (Scully is her favorite. That's my girl!). She can even point out the actors on TV. I'm not sure if I should be proud of that, but I am.
I was quite surprised by how well they'd held up AND how realistic they were. That alien is quite rubbery.
The kids enjoyed playing with them so much, they broke Mulder's arm off! For those who know the show well, he took on more of a Krycek look than Mulder, which is unacceptable. Joe fixed him and now he's "for display only." Unfortunately, this was not the only incident. So Mulder and Scully are only to be played with when mommy is watching.
My poor children...good thing we've already started their therapy fund. They're gonna need it!
1 comment:
you are a nerd!! ;) I can't believe you still have the action figures.
Post a Comment