Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Salmon Days

Every year in October, the City of Issaquah hosts "Salmon Days." Someone thought that meant we went and ate salmon. Joe wishes!! What it is, is a chance to see the salmon as they return up stream to the hatchery there to ...well, to fertilize eggs and die. It's kind of tragic, really, but the kids don't know that yet ;)



We ate some yummy food (Ben loved his corndog, as you can see) and walked around the streets with our friends, the Nelsons. I know I've said it before, but we love the Nelsons! They have the sweetest, cutest kids EVER! Maddie absolutely adores them. And the girls are so good with her. I never worry when they are around (well, except for Joe. But that's Shalyn's department).

Here's Maddie and Clarissa playing doggie. As is our usual right now, Maddie went around barking at everyone. Luckily, Rissa humored her :)

We had so much fun we wore the boys out!!! Poor Ben was a tad more cramped than Chase, but aren't they cute?

A great day was had by all!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like they had lots of fun :)

Sha said...

wanna update my blog? I never find the time! Cute pictures of the kids, thanks for taking them...I didn't take any.
We feel the same about Joe, he must be supervised at all times :)