The mirror project is finally done! I started it WAY back in September, when I saw it on someone else's blog. Boy, I had NO idea what I was getting myself into. Originally, it was inteded to be a Christmas present for Maddie, but my dad's open heart surgery set it back. Luckily, he's all healed (and doing great!) so we were able to get it done for her 3rd birthday! I know she doesn't understand it's meaning right now, but I think she really likes all the colors and the "mirror" aspect of it.
For those who haven't heard of the project, here's a brief explanation: The "mirror" is actually a very sentimental gift, that we hope Maddie will keep her whole life. The frame is actually made up of bathroom tiles (don't even ask how hard it was to find colors. UGH!) that have been decorated by all the people who love our Maddie Lou!! Daddy, mommy, Ben (with help), grandparents, GREAT grandparents, aunts, cousins, and friends all contributed to the frame. Some were sentimental, some funny, some with just love. All for Maddie!! After the tiles were finished (which was the longest, hardest part), my dad made the frame. The mirror was actually cut down to fit from my Aunt Nancy's childhood mirror. This project was really a love letter to Maddie and I'm so thrilled that we were able to use such a special mirror and have it put together by Papa :) Dad's friend, Keith McNeil, did the gluing and grouting, and it was finished!
Click on any of the pictures to see the mirror up close.
Thank you to all who contributed a tile to Maddie!!! I know she will enjoy this mirror for many many years to come. You have given her such a special memory of you that she can carry with her always. THANK YOU!!!!
1 comment:
I love this!!!! I haven't heard of it before. What a great idea and I'm sure she'll cherish it forever.
Now, what are you going to do for Ben, lol! Maybe a car when he's 16inscribed with graffiti all over it from family and friends? (I'm in, lol!).
Post a Comment