Saturday, April 4, 2009

Maddie's Big Day

Yep. It's here. The big number. 3. It may not seem like much to you, but to any parent, any year older is a big deal. Here's what we did for Maddie's special day!

On Friday morning, Maddie, Ben, Papa, Grama and I went to see the new kids movie "Monsters Vs. Aliens." Unfortunately, it wasn't as much of a kids movie as I thought. Ben was concerned, but Maddie was all out terrified! I honestly think the movie itself isn't too scary, but the massive screen and ridiculously loud sound magnifies what is already a bit nerve wracking. About half way through Maddie had enough and we left. Even though it was disappointing to leave, we didn't mind the second we got outside...to SUN!


The kids played around at Kent Station (an outside shopping area) in the fountain until it was time for lunch. We met Heather, Caleb, and Dillon at Johnny Rockets and pigged out on some yummy diner food. Expensive, but SO good! The birthday girl got a milkshake and she drank it all up.


Here's Maddie, Ben, Dillon and Caleb. I am QUITE impressed with this picture. Do you realize how hard it is to get FOUR kids to look at a camera (almost) and smile?!

After lunch, a good nap, and daddy getting home, we headed out to Applebees. Why Applebees? Because every time we asked Maddie where *she* wanted to go for dinner we heard "Appobeez!" Can you argue with that? Nope.



Here are the girls - Grama, Maddie and Mommy celebrating our big 3 yr. old!

Here are the boys - Daddy, Ben, and Papa
After dinner, we headed home to open even more presents. This kid is spoiled....but it's wonderful to see how loved she is :) We hit a few rough patches, mainly when Ben decided to run off with her new Cars (from the movie, Cars) and when he tried to help her a little too much as she opened her presents. But we made it through and she loved everything she got.



The birthday girl opening one of her many gifts...
Thanks everyone! HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY MADDIE LOU!!!!! HERE'S TO MANY MANY MORE WONDERFUL YEARS WITH YOU!!!!

2 comments:

momstheword said...

O.k., I'm not stalking you. You just popped up on my dashboard. I'm not stalking you...you're going to move away now, aren't you....

Cute pictures and yes, I'm impressed that you got 'em all to stand still!

Happy Birthday Maddie!!!!

Lyndsay said...

Happy Birthday Maddie! Check out my blog I gave you an award!