Tonight, we went and visited #3, Anthony, who is 5 weeks old. For those of you who don't know (which is probably a lot of our blog readers), our friends Jared and Beka Anardi got married last year and Beka got pregnant very soon after. She was set to deliver Mr. Anthony in March...which happened, of course. But there were complications. Beka had a C-Section on Thursday night and by Friday morning still had not regained feeling in her lower abdomen and legs. After some investigation, the doctors found a tumor on her spine. It was removed Friday night, but Beka still has not regained feeling. She was in the hospital for four weeks learning to "live" without her legs. Our hearts (mine in particular, as a fellow mommy) just break for Beka and Jared. They have shown more strength during this time than we could EVER imagine. It is truly an inspirational story. Their blog is linked to ours on the side, so feel free to read what she went through if you'd like.
Anyway, Beka is home from the hospital now, and we were able to come visit and bring them (well, the pizza delivery man brought technically) some dinner! I know it sounds really weird, but it has been such a blessing for Joe and I since Beka's been in the hospital. We've been able to visit many times and have really enjoyed our time with them! Over the years, the college guys have all kind of gone their separate ways, so it's been wonderful to get to rekindle (even over crummy circumstances) that friendship we've always shared with each other. The kids and I are looking forward to visiting Beka and Anthony more often when Jared goes back to work!
Maddie was SO EXCITED to hold baby Anthony. She sat on the couch with the boppy and another pillow saying "I'm ready! I'm ready! Can I hold him now?" How can you say no to that (as long as the parents don't mind, of course)
She loved his feet :)
I love this picture. She's so fascinated by him! And how cute is that little stretch?
Ben was all about giving him "knuckles."
The "College kids" as of today. By the time Ben turns 2, we'll have two more!
3 comments:
That just Rocks! Can I copy your idea? I love it, I think that is a precious idea and she will cherish it forever! way cool.
Cute pictures. Love the "knuckles!"
Hmmm looks like I need to get a move on. I turned around the other day and noticed I was really the last bachleor standing!
Post a Comment