Saturday, April 11, 2009

Easter Egg Hunt

This morning we took Maddie and Ben to the Maple Valley "Egg" Hunt (I HATE political correctness!! It's Easter you MORONS!)
Anyway...it was a little rainy, and they started a bit late, but the kids had a good time. BOTH picked up eggs and put them in their basket correctly, which is the first year this has happened!! Ben got a little distracted by all the other kids. He kept just staring at everyone and Joe would have to give him a nudge. Maddie did well, but she kept getting stuck on all the blue and green eggs (because those are her favorite colors).

Literally a minute or two into it, she said she was done! haha! But the hunt was pretty much over by then, anyway.


We unwrapped all their treats and headed home. They've been sneaking candy all day since! I refused to open one for Ben and when we got home he had shoved it, wrapper and all, in his mouth anyway. Silly boy!
On a personal note: As the kids get bigger, I struggle with the compromise between the fun "trappings" of holidays (Santa, Easter Bunny, etc.) and the REASON for the holiday. We certainly enjoy doing these events, but I want the kids to know the true meaning of the holiday too. As we left, Maddie said something about the Easter Bunny, and I said, "You know, he's not why we have Easter. It's because of Jesus! He died and rose for us." Maddie looked at me and smiled and said, "Jesus!" ...THAT'S the reason for the season. :)

No comments: