Monday, September 1, 2008

The Running of the Children


For the record, I did not pick this title. Joe did. Can you tell? I was thinking of something more appropriate, like "The Nelson's BBQ" or "Fun times at the Nelsons." But alas, Joe won so here we are.


On Saturday night the Nelson Family invited us and the Says over for a BBQ! I think it's safe to say everyone had a blast!! Joe was in heaven because Joe Nelson made Carne Asada (Ah, back to So. Cal days!). I got to hang with Shalyn and Lesa, two of the funniest gals around. Frankly, I can't say what was so funny as I don't think it's appropriate for such a wide audience as this. wink wink ;) Maddie, she may have had the most of fun of anyone. She got to hold the leash of Tilly, the new Nelson pet. She was IN HEAVEN! Then, we went to the local park and she got to hold Clarissa's hand. And Ben got to hang out in Chase's room with BOY toys! I should point out that we have "boy toys" but we also have a sister to go with them. Ben got to see Chase and Garrett play with boy toys and do boy things, all without his sister taking his stuff!! I think he was quite impressed with what he saw.


After dinner, we went to the park and had a great time. The Nelsons live in a posh (read: Stepford) Maple Valley community that has several private parks for residents. The kids had a great time on the GIANT slides, and even the big kids too.



Joe and Sok had a race down and I was called in to photograph. Much to Maddie's chagrin we had to go back to the house. The boys played a few rounds of Wii Mario Cart (I got mixed winning results), we had lots of sugar, and came home.



We had a wonderful time with everyone and are very thankful to our hosts!! Our turn next time :)

2 comments:

Shmoe said...

I don't think it is very fair that Joseph came to our house and whooped me in Mario Kart! His first time to play, he just smiled as he continued to roll in ahead of me across the finish line. PUNK! I want a re-match!!!

Shalyn & Joe said...

There are a few homes for sale in the "posh" community that we live... (whatever) Think of the benefits, the boys could commute together, practice beating each other at WII, and we can be having a relaxing girls night out!! :)

Thanks for coming we had a great time hanging out with you guys!