I wanted to get this done last week, but it just didn't happen. The last Wednesday in August was our last day of playgroup. I don't think it's quite hit me yet that we aren't going there anymore. I started going in January of 2007, when Maddie was just 9 months old. We faithfully attended until this August. :(
For those who don't know, every Wednesday we had a "mommy and me" type of playgroup put on by the local hospital, Valley Medical Center. It was led by Denise Stuart, a labor and delivery nurse and lactaction consultant at the hospital. Kids start there at birth and graduate at 2 years old. I would say on average there were about 8-10 kids, plus their moms. Every week we discussed a different topic ranging from potty training to denistry to bike helmets!
I honestly don't know how I would've gotten through the last 2 years without this group. We met some of our very closest friends there: Laura, Melissa and Ashley...Tanya and Jada....Monique and Trinity. All of these girls are within a month of each other in age. They are very sweet, and we love hanging out with all of them! And then there's Denise. I can't even begin to tell you how incredibly helpful she was. I probably asked her hundreds of questions over our time there and she ALWAYS had an answer for me! I think I will miss her and our chats the most :(
Back row: Tanya, Jada and Denise
Front Row: Maddie, me, Ben, Ashley, Laura, Melissa, Trinity and Monique
No comments:
Post a Comment