Becky and Maddie's Top Ten things we loved about VeggieTales Live:
- Going on a Mother/Daughter Date - We've been trying to do these more. Personally, I find that Maddie is so much more cooperative when she's had some one-on-one time with a parent. And...I just love spending time with my girl :)
- Applebees - Does dinner get much better than Mozzarella sticks, chocolate milk and french fries? Not to Maddie! And mommy had her favorite: Chinese chicken salad. YUMMO!!!!
- Wands with blue lights - I have added a picture so you get the idea better. The kids each got one for the show, then played sword fight with them the whole way home. Maddie refused to let go of it until bedtime.
- Veggies!! - Yeah, I know they're vegetables, and they're singing at that. But come on! What's not to love aobut a 6 foot cucumber?! Every once in a while, Maddie would get all excited about one of her favorite characters coming on stage. And at the end, she pointed out "Archibald" (the Asparagus)to me. I was quite impressed!
- Silly Songs - Silly? Oh yes. And we loved every minute of it! My favorite? The Cheeseburger song...a ballad about the love between a squash and his burger. To see Mr. Lunt perform it live was a sight to behold.
- "God made you special, and he loves you very much." - Speaking purely as a parent, what a WONDERFUL message for children. I say this to Maddie frequently, even without a Veggie moment. God DID make us all special, and he DOES love us very much. So comforting :)
- Cuddle Time - My little lovebug sat on my lap the ENTIRE show! Yes, I paid $22.50 for her ticket, but really, you can't beat a good cuddle! Aw, I was in heaven.
- Staying up past our bedtime - What kid doesn't want to stay up late?? Even my sleepaholic Maddie enjoyed her night out LATE and without brother!!
- The look on Maddie's face - Seriously, this is it for me. You know the look. The look of shock, awe, excitement, pure happiness. There is NO greater joy as a mother than to see *that* look on my child's face. It is worth every single penny I spent.
- Our favorite part: Me, Maddie, Heather, and Caleb Volkers

No comments:
Post a Comment