On Saturday we went to the zoo with the kids and my parents (who could also be considered kids. You're call ;). Poor Ben had a cold and wasn't really into the festivities, but Maddie had a ball! Last year we went and she got to feed a giraffe. This year they were both able to do it. I thought for sure she'd be terrified, but she got right up there and fed them like a pro. THEN she asked for more leaves AND she actually TOUCHED the giraffe's nose! I almost fell over I was so surprised by her response. We also visited the elephants, birds of prey, and butterflies. As we walked through the butterfly exhibit, one actually LANDED ON BEN!!!! What good luck for him...unfortunately, he took it all from me, who missed the Kodak moment. Oh well :)
It's so much fun to see them explore and be amazed by their world!
Touching the giraffe
Feeding the giraffe
Mr. Elephant
"Look at the cool birds, mom!"
Seeing all the butterflies
1 comment:
Of course I love the sister blog!!! How fun! The day at the zoo looks really fun. Maddie isn't afraid of the giraffe because she's used to Dolly and Gus:) Katie
Post a Comment