"Can we get a horse?"
"I've never ridden a horse."
"Horses are my favorite!"
"I've never ridden a horse."
"Horses are my favorite!"
.......
I could keep going. This is the constant dribble coming out of Maddie's mouth these days. It'd be cute, if she wasn't completely serious. Why can't we have a horse? We have a boat. What's the difference, right?
On Friday, we headed to Cody, Wyoming (a 12 hour drive) for Joe's Granddad's memorial service. We were able to convince Joe's immediate family to rent a big house together (more on that later). The house itself was located about 25 miles from the entrance to Yellowstone! And across the dirt road were two horses who were more than happy to come get some love and apples.
Maddie was absolutely in love with these girls :)
Ben wasn't so sure of them. He is scared of everything, after all. I appreciate his awareness at how big these animals really are. I think in Maddie's mind their just like cuddly little kittens.
Everyone getting in on the feeding. In the back is Joe's older brother, Sam. Then Maddie and Joe. And in the lower right corner is Joe's niece, Ally. Lots more on her later, too :)
I told Maddie on the way home she should be a veterinarian when she grows up. Doctors run in the family, and she LOVES animals. All kinds. I think she'd be great at it!!
I think Maddie's goal is to live in Africa with the lions. We'll see how that goes ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment