Last month, Maddie and Ben started indoor soccer through the YMCA. Ben has taken classes before, but Maddie never has, and neither one has done actual games. So this is a new experience for everyone. Because of their ages, they get to be on the same team! Go Team Yellow!
As Maddie gets older, I see less of the resemblance we had when she was a toddler. But this? Holy cow! This is me in every basketball game I ever played. Crazy what stuff gets passed down.
This past Saturday, they had their first "game." The other team KILLED us. But since this is the Y, everybody wins! Haha! They played 4 on 4. When it was Ben's turn, he started out GREAT! I mean, look at this kid!!
Then something happened. I have NO idea what. And from that moment on, he refused to move. See how every other kid in the picture above is blurry? See the non-blurry kid? Yeah, that's Ben. The ball actually HIT HIM in the feet and he just stood there pouting. He likes soccer a lot. He likes sports in general. But this, unfortunately, is a bit like his mom too. I fear it's going to be a long road to get him to comply, even when things don't go his way. God, give us strength not to kill him in the process!
Maddie, however, did AMAZING. Serious! The parents next to us actually asked if she was ours and told us how good she was! I kid you not!! She went after the ball, played GREAT defense, and really battled it out with this girl about the same size as her. It was amazing! Again, she's never even had a practice before this, so it's not like she totally gets the game or something. She just did it all on her own. ....Can I take credit for the good genetics as well as the bad? ;)
Here she is again taking the girl down. I know, I know. They're only 4. But ya know what? It's a game. It's supposed to be competitive. So there! GO GET'M MADDIE!!!!!
They have three more games left and come spring we'll do T-Ball. I can't wait :)
No comments:
Post a Comment