We pull the coffee table out of the way and put down blankets and pillows. I take a break from cooking "dinner" and we have fun foods. This time it was barbeque chicken sandwiches, fries, and cowboy cookies for dessert. The first time, we went to Win Co and loaded up on all the refrigerated, processed, disgusting (but oh so yummy) food you're not supposed to have: chinese food, burritos, tostados, potato skins, etc. Whatever we feel like, we have. Not the healthiest, I know. But one meal in a month won't kill us. :)
We have had so much fun doing this!! The kids love the different atmosphere, and together time. Phones, computers, and conversation aren't allowed. We just sit, cuddle, eat, laugh and enjoy each others company! I hope these continue for a long time. What a wonderful new family tradition all our own :)
2 comments:
looks like so much fun!
I love it! It's the little family moments like this that melt my heart.
Post a Comment