Over Christmas, we were lucky enough to spend some time with Joe's Uncle Tom and Aunt Annie. Katie, Joe's mom, and Annie are sisters. They live in South Carolina, so it's a rare treat to see them! We always talk about visiting them, but life seems to get in the way every time. Someday we'll get there, we promise! In the meantime, they have a new adorable grandson in Oregon, so they're in our neck of the woods fairly often. Yay!
Here's the sisters (Annie is on the left) with the kiddos.
And the kids with Uncle Tom. Last time we saw them Ben was barely one and Tom and Ben had the same hat. Pretty cool...two Toms with matching hats :)
They were so gracious to us. We saw them the day Uncle David died. We went up there just after we found out. I can't tell you how much it meant to have four big hugs from people who truly care and understand your pain. They all took care of the kids, so Joe and I could go help with Aunt Nancy and everything that was going on. And when we came back there was a beautiful dinner prepared by Annie for us. I must admit, I didn't eat much, and I'm bummed! I think I would have gorged myself under different circumstances. Next time!
Tom and Annie, in the words of Joe, are just good people. They are down home, good cooking, great conversation, friendly, warm, funny people. I have really enjoyed getting to know them over the years! We are very very thankful for them :) The kids adore them too! A few weeks ago when we were headed up to the house, Maddie asked if Aunt Annie would be there! Aww :)
Thanks Tom and Annie! We love you guys!!!
1 comment:
We love you all too!
Aunt Annie
Post a Comment