Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Christmas Pajamas

Every year I long to buy the kids Christmas Pajamas. I can just see the scene: The house is beautifully decorated (and somehow we live in a mansion. Huh.), the Christmas tree is brilliant, and presents surround it. I have that look that they have in the movies where they don't even look like they were sleeping and am sipping coffee next to my husband, who is a male model. Wait! Did I just type that? My bad. Anyway, you get the idea.... and down the stairs come these two sleepy eyed darlings dressed from head to toe in Christmas.

The reality: Well, the male model can stay (he *is* handsome, isn't he?), and the kids are pretty cute, but there's a problem: No Christmas PJ's! Why? Well, frankly I'm cheap. I can't bring myself to spend $15-20 per pair of jammies for one day, when I could spend that on presents. So I don't, and every year I'm sort of sad.

This year is going to be different, though! We have a house! We are actually WAKING UP in OUR house!! Santa will actually have a chimney to visit us with ;) It's gonna be great! And to top it off, my children, sleepy eyed and all, will have Christmas Pajamas! And the best part? I *made* them! That's right, kids! I made them!! ...Ok, my mom helped. But I really did the majority of the work. I swear!

Here they are modeling their new PJ's. They really love them :) Ben's have candy canes all over them, and Maddie's have Christmas lights.


That male model I told you about? Yeah, he got jealous and wanted some too. So I made him some pants. Here he is "modeling" them. Such a cutie!


It's gonna be a GREAT Christmas!!!!

4 comments:

Katie said...

Awesome PJ's:) So where are yours? Love, Katie

Lyndsay said...

Becky...that's awesome! Kim taught me how to sew baby burp clothes so I wonder if I should try and do something like this. How hard was it? Did you use a pattern?

The Ames Family said...

HARD. Patterns are a completely different language. I had to call my mom with almost every step I did. In reality, they aren't difficult. But trying to figure out what the pattern wants me to do is near impossible for me. I can make quilts any day, but patterns stump me.

Beka said...

So impressed!! They look great.