I have to preface this post with this: I did NOT force my husband (the Husky) to go to this game. HE suggested it! If you don't belive me, ask him. I was as shocked as anyone! But I certainly didn't turn him down ;)
A few Saturdays ago we headed to the WSU/Cal football game in Pullman. I had not been back since I left after my junior year in 2002. I was surprised by how much, and how little had changed. For you Cougars...when in the world did they move The Bookie?! That was completely caught me by surprise! My old dorm looked...older. But it's a historical site, so maybe that's why. Haha! The campus was beautiful, just as I remember it. I really wanted to take a peek in the buildings I had most of my classes, but I think they were closed (and we didn't have time anyway).
The game itself was good. When we left at halftime they were winning! I was STUNNED by the lack of fans, though. The stadium was maybe half full. Um, we suck every single year!! Why would people stop going now? As it was, it made for great traffic to and from, which can really be a problem in the palouse. All in all, we had a great time and it was so fun to take the kids back to my old stomping grounds. They're both convinced they want to be Cougars now, which is just fine with me :)
The three Cougs (we all had matching Cougars on our faces)
My favorite little Cougar girl :)
Ben was very intrigued by the football game....for about 10 minutes. Then he turned into a grump because it was naptime and he didn't sleep in the car.
I'd convinced Maddie it'd be fun to get hot chocolate before we got there. I didn't realize it'd be so warm we'd be sweating and without coats!! Oops! She absolutely insisted we still get one, though, and drank the whole thing.
1 comment:
Fun pictures at the football game! You were lucky to get such nice weather:) Love, Katie
Post a Comment