Tuesday, November 25, 2008

THANK YOU!

I have been terrible at updating everyone about dad's progress (and our sanity!). I am so sorry...it's been a little busy here as you can imagine.

Last Friday, only 4 days after open heart surgery, dad came home from the hospital. He was doing so well at the time that he didn't even need oxygen or insulin shots at home!!! This was an enormous blessing for mom and I as we weren't looking forward to the shots. Everyday he has improved greatly. If he's sitting down and chatting I almost forget that he's been through so much. He can get up and down out of chairs just fine, is eating well again (he had horrible nausea in the hospital), and is in little pain most of the day!!! Not to sound like a religious nut, but God has been so good to all of us during this time. The kids and I are doing well. I won't lie, we are starting to grow a little weary from being away from home so long. Probably me more than them...I miss my husband!!! But he'll be here tonight, so I'll survive.

We are SO thankful for all the prayers, well wishes, and calls of support we received. We feel so blessed to have such wonderful family and friends! THANK YOU ALL!!!! I think we'll be on to happier posts from now on.... :)
Ben and Papa walking the halls the night before surgery

Maddie hanging with Papa before surgery


The war wound

No comments: