Here is a quick update on my dad....
He had open heart surgery yesterday. It took about 5 hours and they repaired both blocked arteries. The Dr. said it went well when we talked to him just afterward. Dad went up to CICU (Cardiac ICU) for the night and is currently being moved to a regular room this afternoon. Mom and I got to be with him a bit this morning (kids can't come in the ICU, so we were taking shifts). He is doing good considering all that's happened. His throat hurts from taking the breathing tube out and it's making hard to eat. Also the pain from the incision can get very bad at times, but they're doing their best to manage it. It's hard to see him in pain especially because there's nothing you can do (my mommy instincts come out and I just want to hold him. I had no idea I was such a sap!). But he's doing well. He's recovering and being moved down the care ladder, which is a VERY good thing.
Thank you all so much for your thoughts and prayers. You have no idea what it means to my dad, mom, myself, and the rest of our extended family to have so many people praying for us. I will keep you updated as I can. I expect him to be in the hospital for 4 more days or so before coming home. That's when it might get really interesting around here.....
2 comments:
So glad that the surgery went well and that you dad is in recovery.
Love,
Shannie
Hip Hip Hooray! We are so glad your dad is recovering well. I spoke to Great Grampa Pat and my sister, Katie, yesterday and got the full update. South Carolina sends regards!
Love Anne and Tom
Post a Comment