Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween

I apologize for the delay in the blog this week. On Thursday, we had a bit of a trauma in our house. Maddie was jumping in her bed, hit the rail, and knocked out her front tooth completely! I don't do well with teeth, so as you could expect, I panicked! Thank God Joe was home. He reinserted it and after a lot of tears (from both mother and daughter) Maddie is on the mend. She has a bit of a "snaggletooth" now...which is her also new nickname! I think I'm finally getting over the shock of it all but it really has taken this many days to get there.

Anyway, Friday was a bit more subdued because of the tooth than I expected. In the morning we made cookies with our friends, Laura, Melissa and baby Ashley. It was a VERY welcomed distraction and we enjoyed ourselves greatly!

Then, in the evening, we headed out to Southcenter Mall. Every year they do a trick or treat event through the stores. The mall was PACKED! Joe met us there after work and we took the kids around.

Maddie had a blast. She caught on pretty quick that if she held out her bag, she got candy! I think Ben was hungry and a little intimidated by the crowds. They're still pretty little after all. And when there's candy involved, big kids aren't so cautious.


We went home, had dinner, and got back in the costumes to go around the association a little bit. The kids got special treats from our very sweet neighbors, Judy and Ken. Maddie even shared her sucker with them! hehe!


Larry the Cucumber and Bob the Tomato...
The kids had a WONDERFUL time. Mommy and daddy were a bit under the weather, feeling sorry for our girl. She's been a champ through it all, though. I'm sure they'll be a post coming with details of the tooth. But for now. Let's just celebrate :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Greetings from the Carolina's to you guys!
Man, I think every family must have a story like this and I know first hd it bothers mom way more than the child. Here is our story...Tom was giving Phil a bath and thought he would make it fun and bring a large bouncy ball into the bathroom. Well, after playing "keep it up in the air" before the bath the floor became wet and Phil slipped on the tub edge and the front teeth were chipped in half. He was 3 years old.
I am glad she is on the mend and you guys too.
Love Aunt Anne