Anyway, today was park day. I'm not really sure why we call it that anymore...what it really is, is a glorified name for a playdate with our VERY good friends, the Volkers. "Miss Heather" is Maddie's absolute favorite person, along with her kids, Caleb (3 1/2) and Dillon (almost 8 months). She named her doll Heather, and I'm pretty sure if I died and Heather got her, Maddie would be in heaven. It surprises even me, but I have no jealousy towards this relationship...I love it! I'm so glad Maddie has found a second mommy that she feels so comfortable and safe with. Oh, and I love Heather, Caleb and Dillon too!! It never fails that we have a blast together and her children are just wonderful.
Anyhoo...enough gabbing...to the fun stuff! While we go to the park all the darn time, we have yet to visit the beach this summer! One of our main hangouts, Coulon Park, is at the South end of Lake Washington. So today we got to play in the sand. Finally!! I thought for sure Ben would be all over digging and pushing the sand. He liked it ok; I think he thought it was fun to SIT in it as opposed to just playing in it with his hands. However, his FAVORITE thing was the water!! He was dry when we started, and by the end of the morning he was completely soaked everywhere but the back of his shoulders!!! Too darn funny :) Maddie loved the water too and even stayed down there without me, which is just huge for my little shadow.
Enjoy the pics!!!
2 comments:
Great background for the summer, Becky. We love it, especially with the latest update to the blog. You are amazing. We are glad for Miss Heather and her boys for you also.
:)
Looks like fun. WE should get together this week and let the kids play!
Post a Comment