Sunday, August 24, 2008

The long lost Aunt....

They always said she existed...but frankly, I didn't believe them! After 8 years of dating Joe, I finally met his Aunt Annie and Uncle Tom this past weekend (his mom's sister). And let me tell you, it was worth waiting for :)

Saturday afternoon, the boys went on a very long motorcycle ride around Lake Coeur d'Alene (the kids were with Papa and Grama). The girls went to The Davenport for lunch and then shopping at Riverpark Square. I won't lie...shopping with my mother-in-law and a stranger wasn't too appealing. But I went, and actually we had lots of fun!! Annie is very "thrifty" and we had fun trying to find deals!!! As we were leaving, we noticed a french bistro called "Madeleines"!

We took pictures (and stole menus) and the next time we're in Spokane I hope to get Maddie down there. The evening was spent having dinner at the Ames' with a small birthday celebration for Dick's 60th birthday.


Sunday we went back up for the morning to spend a little more time before Joe had to leave (they flew back to South Carolina on Monday).

I really enjoyed getting to know Tom and Annie. They are both so sweet and funny, and they welcomed me into the family (and the kids) immediately!

I wished they lived closer to us as we'd love to spend more time with them, but this just gives us an excuse to go back East.


Thanks Tom and Annie!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Becky and Joe,
How great to see you guys last week! The kids are wonderful and we so loved getting together. We need to do it again.
Love Anne and Tom

Shalyn & Joe said...

Sound like you guys had a lot of fun, now we need to go to tour Spokane with you guys :)