Wednesday, August 13, 2008

"I touched his hands!"

Yes, Maddie touched HIS hands. The big guy's. It must have been a momentous occasion, because she has been talking about it ever since. Which I find pretty impressive for a 2 yr. old that has no interest in anything...except one thing: VeggieTales.

Which brings us to the "his" whose hands she touched. My good friend, Laura, sent me an email on Monday saying she heard Bob and Larry (the tomato and cucumber of VeggieTales, for those who don't know) were going to be at a local farm Tuesday. It was short notice but I called Heather, who got us started on V.T. in the first place, and we decided to go. What was also stellar about this trip is that it was long enough that we decided to carpool...meaning Maddie got to ride in the backseat with Caleb! (I later told her that I don't want to hear that she did anything in the backseat with Caleb ever again :) We all got there in one piece, bought our tickets and headed to see the main attraction.

Now, I must admit that I was expecting HUGE lines. Why? I don't know...they're pretty popular in our house! Why not everyone's, right?! Well, thank goodness I was wrong. We waited in line for 5 minutes or so and then it was our turn. Now, any of you who know my dear, sweet, adorable child cannot be surprised when I say that Maddie was terrified of Bob and Larry!!! It really is funny and frustrating to me at the same time.

We got our picture taken (Ben was timid, but curious) and were able to just stand and stare. I think Maddie enjoyed this more than anything else! She was just in awe that Bob and Larry were waving at *her*!!! The babies were getting hungry, so we took off and ate lunch then walked around the rest of the farm. It was actually quite impressive!! They had animals, hay mazes, rides, pony rides, and train rides.

How ridiculously cute are these two?

Caleb was able to ride a little ride and as we were coming back we ran into Bob and Larry again. Oh! Now would be a good time to point out that I dressed the kids in their Bob and Larry shirts! Ben was Bob and Maddie was Larry. As we were passing the "veggies" stopped to wave at us and Larry noticed Maddie's shirt. He leaned over and touched it, which she immediately jumped at. But since that moment she has talked of nothing but, "I touched his hands!" Like I said...it was momentous to her.


Ben was an exhausted little guy on the train

We rode the train, stopped one last time to see Bob and Larry, and left. I'm really glad we went as Heather and I are taking the older kids to the VeggieTales Live! Show in a month. I think Maddie will really enjoy it now that she had some time to acclimate to the idea of *real* Veggies!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We love the Bob and Larry farm trip addition to the blog. What a fun time for everyone! The pictures are great. The four children have such wonderful, creative Mommies. Good job, everyone.

Unknown said...

Hey Joe,
We got your note after a dinner out with your folks. Love the web site, we are looking forward to seeing you all in person tomorrow.
Aunt Anne and Uncle Tom

Anonymous said...

Hey, Joe, Becky, Maddie and Ben,
I looked at your blog this morning. Annie helped me find it. It is awesome!!! I'm impressed, It looks like a lot of work. Looking forward to seeing you after yoga:) Love, Mom