selected at an F-16 Fighter Pilot!!! Woo Hoo Mike!! He spent a few years in North Pole, AK training, did a stint Iraq (and wants to go back!) before he and his lovely wife, Tina, were transfered to Arizona. Now, Mike is a pilot instructor for all the new recruits.
Anyway, Mike was able to bring his jet up for the Air Show at McCord Air Force Base. We had a tight schedule, but definitely wanted to fit Mr. Mike in, so Saturday morning we got the kids ready and headed down to see him. Joe and I were SHOCKED at how many people there were! It took us over an hour to get there because of all the traffic. After several metal detectors (do I look like a terrorist?), bag searches and ID checks, we made it inside!
We found Mike and ...waited. Apparently, he's very popular. The kids got down and ran around. Maddie seemed really thrilled by all the planes and free roaming space!! Ben, we found out on Sunday had Roseola (a virus very common in kids) and wasn't feeling quite up to par. Poor guy. We finally got to talk to Mike after several minutes. It was great!!! He looks wonderful and we sure missed him. We haven't seen him since I was pregnant with Maddie, so things have changed a tad bit :)
Unfortunately, we didn't get to chat too long since he had to "work" and all. I tell you what, though. Forget becoming famous, become a pilot!!! He had fans like you wouldn't believe!! Well deserved for sure. The kids were getting tired and we were getting a little overwhelmed with all the people. I heard on the news Sunday that there were SO many people they had to increase bus traffic in (they had shuttles from different locations). Maddie really enjoyed the airplanes, Joe loved seeing his old friend, and Ben and I? Well, we were just along for the ride. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment