Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th of July!!!

I must say, when this morning started I was really tired and nervous about what we were getting ourselves into! Shalyn Nelson and I decided to take our families to Auburn for their city's event, but we didn't know what we'd get there. I am very happy to say, it turned out awesome!!! There were lots of things for the kids to do, great food, and great friends.
As you can see from the pictures below, I had the *grand* idea to dress alike as a family!! Come on, isn't that a great idea?! I think so! Joe was none too happy about

it, but he graciously wore his flag shirt anyway (he's such a good husband :). Ben and Maddie had a great time seeing all the colorful people and lots of doggies.
This evening we set off fireworks with our playgroup friends Laura, Melissa, and baby Ashley. Ben was a little scared of them, but Maddie was lovin' all the colors from the "flowers".



Joe and Maddie on the "train"

Yes, that's Joe bringing up the rear!
It was a WONDERFUL 4th of July! I can't believe it's Ben's first...it seems like he's been with us forever. Here's to many more full of fun!

1 comment:

Shmoe said...

We hade a great time with you guys in Auburn. I must say that seeing Joe at the back-end of the train was definitely a highlight for me! Way to go Joe!

Thanks again! We look forward to the next great outting!