Wednesday, June 8, 2011

End of the year party!

I am a terrible mom. I spent all morning running between the kids' classrooms for their end of the year parties, and didn't realize until I got home that I only took pictures as Maddie's class! OOPS!!!!! To be fair, Maddie's teacher always does a huge party, and Ben's class...well, they watched a movie, played playdough, and ate pizza. Not exactly the most fun to capture on film. So, I guess this should be "Maddie's end of the year party" blog, but I really was at two!



Teacher Patty did a Hawaiian theme. There were grass skirts on all the tables, and confetti all over the floor. The kids were taken to the multipurpose room for the first hour or so, so they didn't know what the classroom looked like!








Here are the kids seeing the class for the first time. I love how they always seem so impressed with the changes :)






First they got to do confetti eggs. I'd never heard of these, but apparently you can buy them already filled! The kids got to crack eggs on each other's head. As you can see, Maddie got attacked :) She wanted to get this girl in the picture, but was a bit to shy about hitting her on the head. Haha! So she got me instead :)




Havin' fun with the confetti!







Here is Maddie and her bestest little friend, Tyler. Tyler lives with her grandma part time, so we've had several playdates with her (and Maddie's gone over there). But next year they'll be going to different schools, and Tyler is living with her dad more. Sure hope we don't lose touch! She really helped with Maddie's transition to the Tri Cities.







Oh Teacher Patty and her craziness! Here are all the balloons filled with EXTRA confetti! She spends the whole year saving hole punches, finding bargains on confetti, and begging everyone else for it. The mess afterwards is insane!! But the kids absolutely LOVE it! All the other teachers peek in to see the show. :) I am so happy that Ben gets to do all this stuff next year!







Sorry for the jiggly video! It's hard to hold the camera and pop at the same time!! If you look next to Maddie, you can see Ben. I'm lucky enough to get to sneak him in for all the fun activities so he doesn't miss out :)

No comments: