Friday, June 10, 2011

Ben's Program

Have you seen the movie "The Incredibles"? There's a conversation in it between the mom and the dad that goes something like this:


Mom - "Dash's graduation is on Friday. You're coming right?"

Dad - non-committal, grumbles.

Mom - "I can't believe you don't want to go to your own son's graduation!"

Dad - "It's not a graduation! He's moving from the 4th grade to the 5th grade."

Mom - "It's a ceremony."

Dad - "It's psychotic! They keep creating new ways to celebrate mediocrity...."



Joe and I chuckle at this quote constantly! Growing up in the "everybody gets a trophy" generation, it definitely strikes a chord with us. However, it took on a whole new, more literal meaning this week. Ben has his "graduation" on Tuesday morning. I'm sorry. I can't call it that. It's a program. He isn't going to a new school. He isn't moving into a new category of education. He's moving from pre-k to... pre-k. It's psychotic! Haha!





Aren't all the little 3 year olds cute?!



For the Christmas program, Ben stood. He didn't smile, he didn't wave, he didn't pick his nose. He stood.

What a difference 6 months make!! Here he is throwing a kiss during a song.




More motions. He was really into it :)






....Until he got distracted. Haha! Teacher Bernice is the head of the preschool (and a 4's teacher). She snuck up behind him and got him back on task. You can see he's having fun with her. Teacher Bernice has A LOT of energy!




I had never heard of this song until Ben's class. It's called "tooty ta." It is the funniest looking song I have ever seen. And it's so simple, the kids do it! Which makes it even funnier! If you are computer savvy, look it up on YouTube.


The directions in the above picture were "Thumbs up, elbows back, feet apart, knees together, bottom out, tongue out, eyes closed...." In other words, Ben is supposed to be looking slightly retarded. Haha! Love it!


He did VERY VERY well for his "program." Joe was able to leave work for an hour to watch :) We are very proud of him! He has come a long way this year, and I KNOW that teacher Patty is going to do great things with him next year!

1 comment:

Katie said...

I love it, especially "blowing the kiss"! And I love the pix that your folks brought over from Maddie's graduation:)