The Race
I don’t really know where to start. It’s like being strapped to a rocket. I started off right behind the pace car about half way down the pits and was told to not be shy and keep up. In about 6 seconds I entered the track, at a turn no less, going 120 mph and still accelerating. It’s crazy! The car is bouncing around like you’re driving down dirt road and being pushed all over the place. Every moment is spent keeping that car in the right spot; it’s stressful and exhilarating at the same time. After a few laps I finally calm down a bit and things begin to flow. Anticipating the turns and sudden dips around the tack, the way the tail moves side to side as you make minor corrections or prepare for the next section. The car responds immediately to everything even while shaking you enough to lose a filling. And then, all too soon, it’s over. Make way onto the apron, take the foot off the gas, put the car into neutral, and coast to a stop. I had a feeling of, “holy crap, that was terrifying and awesome at the same time!”Still shaking (and sporting the “giddy” grin) we made our way to another building where we were given graduation packets that had all our track times, speeds, and other promotional items. I was able to thank a couple drivers who are all extremely nice and we made our way out. It was extremely hot, I had sweat stains everywhere and I swear I was about 5 feet off the ground. Becky, I don’t know how you thought of such a gift, but I can say with all certainty, it is the best one I have ever gotten or heard of anyone ever receiving.

1 comment:
Freak'n awesome!!! I love the thumbs-up picture. You have to frame that one and put it in your office!
Post a Comment