Thursday, September 10, 2009

First day of Preschool!

I have been a TERRIBLE blogger lately. I apologize! It has been especially crazy around here. We went to the Oregon Coast, came back for 10 days, then Joe and I went on a 4 day trip to Florida, Maddie started school three days after we got back, and I start MOPS (as a group co-leader this year) on Tuesday! Seriously...it's been busy. Joe and I are putting together our blogs about our trip, so be looking for that in a few days.


Today was Maddie's first ever day of school! I can't believe this day has finally arrived. She is going to a Lutheran preschool about 3 minutes from our house called "Cross and Crown Preschool". It was highly recommended to us and is very decently priced. A win-win! I honestly don't think she quite got what was going on, but she was VERY excited about getting a backpack and picking out her outfit for the first day of school. Girls :)



She absolutely loves her backpack!

Maddie was excited, albeit a little nervous. Her teacher, Mrs. McKinley, got the "Maddie scowl" when we came in. She was a bit taken aback, but I assured her that's just what Maddie does. Mrs. McKinley got Maddie started painting a green apple as we were leaving.

You want to know who had the hardest time with Maddie going to preschool?? Ben!! That's right, it wasn't mommy! The poor kid cried the second I took him out of the classroom, all the way home, and continued for a good 10 minutes after that. I think at first he was mad he didn't get to stay, then he was upset "sissy" was left behind. It's so hard to be the little brother!

I must say, I haven't had too much sadness over this. I am excited for Maddie to enter the world of learning. I always loved school and hope that my kids do too! She will get to make new friends, learn lots of fun things, and have new experiences. *I* will get to spend time just one-on-one with Ben, which up until now, hasn't been possible! I really am looking forward to this school year!! It's starting out hectic, but great!

2 comments:

Katie said...

I just love the first day of school pix:) I can't believe Maddie is going to pre-school already! And I have to say, the look on Ben's face reminds me of Joe:):)
P.S. The race car pix are awesome too!! Katie

Mocha Momma said...

Oh how exciting!! Yay for Maddie and mom. Poor little Ben. I think he'll like time alone with mom though.

Thanks for your comment on my Puggles Post. Ben will come around. He just needs some excitement at church and I'm going to try to make it more exciting. it's hard at first to know what the group needs.

It's a work in progress. Have a great weekend.