It appears that we have started a tradition of monthly get-togethers with the Nelsons and Says (both coworkers of Joe's). We all have 2 yr. olds as well as other children, and we are all incredibly good looking, smart, and fun! haha! Just kidding. Whatever it is, it works :)
So last Saturday we went bowling. To be honest, I haven't bowled in a couple of decades. ...and after Saturday, I remember why! I am HORRIBLE. Luckily, so is everyone else!! We went for the early bird session and got two lanes (little kids and big kids). Carrin, the Nelson's middle child, kicked EVERYBODY'S butt! She was awesome!! On the "big kid" side, the Says each won a game...this will not be the last trip. We have to redeem ourselves and not keep all the winning in one family. Maybe they cheated?! Just kidding!
Maddie was pretty into it for the first half, but 2 hours of bowling is LONG and I think she (and Ben and all the other toddlers) got bored. Ben, for his part, just wanted to hold the balls! We tried to get him to push it down the lane, and he did okay with that. But really he just wanted to carry them around. I know little kids are strong, but he could hold a 9 pound ball all by himself!!!
I was quite impressed (and terrified for the future!). They also scarfed all the great food that we had...Chips and dip, Fries, and Chicken strips. Yum!
Bowling will definitely be in our future. We had a great time!
2 comments:
Hay Becky and Joe
When our kids were really small we enrolled them in our local bowling alley league on Saturday morning during the winter. They loved it!It was a riot-just to see them lift the ball kept us in stitches!
Aunt Anne
Bowling was fun! You are right - one game would have been sufficient as the kids were definitely getting [tired] after the first game. In the end, what really matters is the Joe Ames did NOT win...at least in my humble opinion.
As for the Say's, they unleashed their secret weapon in the second round. Sok came out of hiding and dominated the second round. At least we know what the Say's have been up to on Friday nights now!!!
Post a Comment