These last several months I have been TERRIBLE at updating the blog. I am so sorry! It's not that I don't want to. But it takes surprisingly a good amount of time to upload pictures and write catchy little things about our days. Add to that summer boating and yard work, the lack of naps in this house now (so no afternoons to blog) AND watching a baby one or two days a week, and you can see why blogging time just isn't there.
Well, I have good news and bad news!
The bad news first (I am a pessimist after all): I am about to have even less time to blog. Seriously, it'll be ridiculous how little time I have. So AT BEST you'll get some nondescript pictures once in a while. Sorry!
The good news: I got a job!! Several actually, but only two pay. In one weeks' time this is what I signed myself up for. Because, apparently, I'm crazy.
First, I am now the Sunset View Elementary PTO treasurer. My very first PTO meeting as a parent (I was so excited. I'm weird) and they elect me to the board. Luckily, it's more of a position in name only this year (it's a two year assignment) while I shadow the current treasurer.
Second, I am now volunteering in Maddie's Kindergarten class on Tuesday mornings! This is subject to the job that actually pays. Money does come first, after all. But so far it's a lot of fun. I get to know the kids and help her teacher who seems a bit overwhelmed this year with all the changes. Never hurts to get on your child's teacher's good side :) And I get to know the staff at the school. It's a win-win all around.
Third and Fourth, I am now employed (officially as of Monday) at Kia Ora Fitness. I cannot even begin to tell you what a God thing this is!!! I won't go into detail (it would take a while and my fingers would hurt), but I'd been looking for a part time job without any success given my limited hours. Then, a few weeks ago the owner of the gym I go to asked if I would teach a Step Class. After meeting with her to discuss the details, I ended up with an administrative assistant job as well! It is the most perfect situation we could possibly hope for. Completely flexible hours, free childcare, free gym membership, AND I get paid! I must admit that I am VERY VERY nervous about teaching. Seriously, I could have throw up just thinking about it. But, I am willing to give it a good try, and I think I'll be ok if I can just get over my fears. We'll see. I will be working about 15 hours a week, and I am required to work out several hours as well for the instructor position. Somehow that doesn't seem bad to me ;)
So there it is. It is really really great news!! But, it also means that I won't be around hardly at all. It may only be 20 hours or so of actual work, but there's so much more involved like learning my routines and all the other day-to-day stuff moms already do.
We'll be busy, but we are excited :)
No comments:
Post a Comment