This is just a quick post to show a few pictures of Maddie's first day of Kindergarten! She is in the Kennewick School District, and they do what is called a "staggered start" for kindy's. The schools were open on Tuesday, but instead of her first day I had a parent/teacher conference. She was able to be in her classroom for about 30 minutes where the teacher took a quick assessment of what the kids could do (and I filled out paperwork), she picked her chair, and did some work. Nothing big. Today, she had a full (for her about 3 hours) day of school, but it only contained half the class. The teacher went over rules, and read some stories...this is what we got from Maddie, at least. Tuesday is her first "official" day with the whole class. Joe is taking the day off and will be taking BOTH kids to school (Ben starts preschool that day). So there will be more "first day" pictures to come...but I had to share these :)
She was SO excited for her first day!!
We don't have tons of money to spend on designer wardrobes (who does?!) but I wanted her to have something special. So we got her "Twinkle Toes." They're Sketcher shoes that light up in the toes and the sides when she walks. She LOVES them!! The rest of the outfit she picked out herself. She tells me all the time that the peace symbol is her symbol until she's big enough to be a Cougar. That's my girl!
Here she's jumping so that her shoes light up for the picture. Oh, to have hair like that!
I know I'm biased, but what a beautiful little girl we have :)
No comments:
Post a Comment