Phew! I feel better already!
Ok, seriously. I know I am a terrible mom. But we live in a 2 bedroom condo. We don't have a play room, or even a family room, where messes that can be made by creative children, can also be hidden from the random visitor. For this reason, and the fact that I wasn't convinced Ben could handle it, I haven't done too many arts and crafts with the kids. Keep in mind, Ben is a BOY and only 2 1/2. Who would willingly give this kid scissors?
I did.
Here's the proof. Maddie got to start cutting with scissors in January at preschool and has really loved it! While I was at Target one day I decided to bite the bullet and buy them some. I am really quite surprised. Ben hasn't gotten cut at all! Though, I'm sure he's come mighty close, but I didn't see it (luckily). He's been really good about listening and watching how Maddie and I do it. I even bought them some stamps and ink pads this week. Yeah, it got on the table, but it is washable.
By the time they reach college, I'll be totally ok with messes! :)
1 comment:
Oh, Becky, I feel your pain. I'm a total mess-o-phobe with two VERY crafty children. Argh. I'm convinced some days I should medicate myself to handle the stress I feel with every. single. tiny. shred. of paper I see falling onto the floor. Remind me to tell you the story of my neurotic neighbor, and how he taught me to relax about the messes. :-)
Post a Comment