Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Trick or Treating

This was the first official year that the kids got to Trick or Treat! Our poor neighborhood is composed of retired, mostly grumpy, people who want nothing to do with cute children. *whatever* So we put the kids in the car and headed up to the Nelsons. They live in a development that is overrun with kids, so we thought it'd be the easiest for our new ToT'ers.



Here's Maddie at one of the first houses. First off, you'll notice that she isn't Tinker Bell. Last Tuesday, I got this dragon costume at MOPS. She instantly fell in love with it, and I barely saw her in anything else all week long. So Saturday I asked what she wanted to be and she said, "Dragon!!" Darn kid...where does she get this?

You may also notice the giant smile on her face. This child is NOT above bribing, let me tell you. We had already explained the concept to her, but she caught on fast. For the first fifteen minutes, she'd leave a house and say, "We aren't going home yet, are we mommy?"

Here are Dragon and Buzz Lightyear. I couldn't get a picture of Ben standing up. Everytime he saw the camera, he immediately opened his bad to show me all his candy! Funny thing is, though, that at the doors, he wouldn't open his bag far enough to get the candy in.

Check out Maleficent giving out candy! *I* was terrified of her! The kids? Eh, they just wanted the candy :)

About half way through, Ben gave out on us. I'd expected this, and actually I was surprised at how far he actually got! He would take his bag (it was "apparently" too heavy at this point to carry) up to the house, but when the person opened the door, he'd sit down, drop his bag and cry...for no reason! Mommy picked him up and carried him while Maddie hit more houses. Then suddenly, about 10 minutes later he got his second wind and took off running. And I do mean running. Down the hill, into the street, up driveways. Wherever he could go! Teenagers passed him and laughed as "Buzz" flew by. Silly boy!

Here's Maddie on our way home. Sucking her thumb and clinging to her loot. She was quite thrilled with the experience and quite exhausted. Because of Daylight Savings Time, they got to stay up almost an hour past their bedtime and it showed.




Here's Ben giving me the evil eye for taking his picture. The next morning the first thing we heard was, "Mommy, where's my candy? Can I have some?"
Halloween is gonna be lots of fun :)

1 comment:

Beka said...

looks like lots of fun - your kids are so funny!