Sunday, November 1, 2009

Preschool Halloween Party

On Friday, we had our first official preschool Halloween party! Not only was Maddie able to dress up, but Ben and I were able to come and join in all the festivities! The above picture is the kids just before we left. Maddie had sparkles in her hair and face, and she loved it :)



Mrs. McKinley, Maddie's teacher, had the classroom all ready for the kids and their guests! We started off making picture frames and pumpkins. The kids had made their handprints in paint the day before so they could dry, and we attached them to the pumpkins on Friday morning. Afterwards, there was some playtime with the toys in the classroom. Ben, for all his fighting to stay, was surprisingly quiet. He stayed in a corner playing with a lego table and enjoying every minute of it!

After playtime, the kids all picked up (sort of) and gathered on the rug for their daily routine. They say the Pledge of Allegiance, sing about the weather that day, and count the days on the calendar in both english and spanish! I already assumed this, but had confirmation that Maddie is the kid that sits and stares. She sometimes glares at the other kids, but mainly she is just quiet with a far-off look in her eye. I won't lie, I wish she'd get into it a bit more. But I *do* know it sinks in. She comes home and tells me about the Pledge, or is much more willing to count random things. So I know she gets it, and is soaking in all the knowledge...her teachers are the ones in the dark!

We did a quick show and tell, in which the costumes were the item. It was cute! And I really enjoyed seeing how all these things happen. Now when Maddie talks about show and tell (her favorite part of preschool), I have a better understanding of what she does.

After show and tell, we headed down to the main play area for a quick picture and some bouncy house time! I apologize, as I don't know all the kids' names, but this is Maddie's class above with some siblings thrown in. Ben was throwing a tantrum at the time, or he would've been in it too. Gotta love the 2's!

The bouncy house was lots of fun! Maddie had a blast as always!! Ben...continued to throw tantrums. What can ya do?! We had a quick snack and all the classes came into the play area to sing some songs with Pastor Glenn. Again, Maddie stared. Darn kid. But I guess that's why we're doing preschool...to learn these things!

I included the picture above because it was so darn cute! About half way through the singing, Ben went to sit next to Maddie. She ushered him in and made sure he had room. Then, out of nowhere, she lovingly put her arm around him! They stayed that way for several minutes, until song time was over. While I have no doubt that our kids love each other, neither one is particularly snuggly with the other. So this was a very sweet moment I was able to (sort of) catch on film.

We had a great time at the party! But let me tell you...that many preschoolers is EXHAUSTING!

No comments: