Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving, the preschool way

Last Friday, Maddie's preschool had their Thanksgiving Feast. Maddie didn't know that we were going to be there, so I think we surprised her when she saw us. Luckily, it appeared to be a good surprise!

They had a little bit of everything that makes a Thanksgiving meal: Turkey sandwiches, stuffing, fruits, jello, and of course, pumpkin pie. The kids all got a little taste of each thing. They seemed a bit overwhelmed by it all. I mean, it's not everyday they see "stuffing." It makes sense that they'd naturally be confused.



My very favorite part of the whole thing, and definitely a memory saver was Maddie's answer to the following question (picture above):

"What are you thankful for?"

The teacher, Mrs. McKinley, had prepped me that Maddie's answer was unusual. She had asked all the kids before hand and wrote it on their placemat. She said she even tried to persuade Maddie to answer something else, but the kid would have none of that. Every other child said something along the line of their family.

Maddie's answer? Lions.

I am still laughing about that! I have NO idea where that came from, but even as the Mrs. McKinley asked her again, she said quite loud and proud, "lions." Our child is nothing if not unique :)



Here's just a picture of all the kids eating their feast. Maddie loved the turkey sandwhiches so much she ate half of Ben's too! I swear, I do feed her. Honest!



The cute little turkeys eating :)



After Thanksgiving the kids were allowed to have some free time. Maddie went for the playdough and dot markers. I have always noticed that she is very good at playing alone, and school is no exception. Sometimes it's nice to create by yourself.



Ben LOVES all the toys at preschool. I think it's the reason why he hates leaving. He even made a new friend! But as I got closer, I noticed she seemed completely confused by what he was doing. Haha! "Boys!"
Happy Thanksgiving :) Don't forget to thank God for lions!!

1 comment:

e said...

Ben looks more like Joe every day! Cute pic of Ben and Maddie together. Happy Thanksgiving!