Last month we added two speed demons to the family! Both kids, in about 10 minutes (and without falls), learned to ride their bikes on two wheels. I almost didn't get the cameras in time to see dad helping them. They were off on their own so fast!
Maddie, 6, riding her bike. We tried to get her on two wheels last year but she was too scared of falling. I have no doubt she could've done it (as proven by her immediate ability to do it this year), but hey! Who wants skinned knees if you don't have to, right?
Ben, 4 1/2. He is FAST. However, he's a boy, which means he gets distracted easily. As long as his head is up, he's good. For a week or two he fell every so often (usually while trying to jump the curb), but I haven't heard any screams lately so he must have figured it out.
I don't know if you can see it well, but I love the look on Joe's face. He was excited to get to do this rite of passage with his kids. He was also shocked, impressed, and I dare say a little disappointed that they really didn't need him. Poor daddy.
The neighbors probably hate us now. The kids are out riding in the cul de sac every second they can. They even begged to go out while it was raining earlier this week. Mom said no.
So proud of our little riders :)
1 comment:
Can't wait to see the kids riding their bikes in person:)
Post a Comment