Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Maddie Lou is 6!!

Better late than never, I say!

Miss Maddie turned 6 on April 3rd (during her first official spring break :). Two days prior she lost her first tooth. It was like an official "sayonara" to babydom.

We had a swim party for her at a local sports club. Friends from church and school came. She had a GREAT time! Actually, all the kids did!! Even Granddad got in the pool with the kids and (seemed) to have lots fun :)  I had a lady from church make the most fabulous cake balls you've ever tasted for her cake. I wasn't quite sure how we were going to make it into a "cake" to blow out, but I think the pyramid turned out good. Maddie got lots of great presents, including her very first Nintendo 3DS. She's in heaven. Haha! She's too young to say it now, but I really think her favorite part was that BOTH sets of grandparents came down and stayed the whole weekend just to be with her and Ben! Such special memories for all of us :)







Party guests: Everett, Deacon, Ben, Paiton and Jenna (from school), Roger, Paige, Cora, Maddie and Reese.


Maddie at 6 years old:

She still loves Lions. I am officially ending the use of the word "phase" with this. Over half her life has been about lions. I can't believe it!

Her love of all creatures has grown this year (though she's always been an animal lover). Dogs, horses, all cats big and small, bugs, worms, pill bugs, ladybugs, rabbits, mice, fish, YOU NAME IT, this kid loves it!! Everything is cute, everything is sweet and she wants to keep it all. I really hope she becomes a Vet some day :)

Maddie sleeps from 8pm until 7ish. Naps still happen about once a week; usually Thursdays or Fridays. School is hard on a girl!

She still needs glasses, but her eyesight is improving! We notice that it takes her longer to go crosseyed than it used to. Glasses will be around for several more years, but we are so grateful that no further action was needed!

Maddie is almost done with Kindergarten! Part of me can't believe how fast it's gone!! She has done incredibly well. In the last month especially, we've seen her make HUGE improvements in learning. So much so, that she went from the middle to the top of her class! Her teachers LOVE her. She has always been one of the most well behaved kids, and constantly impresses them with her maturity. While I'd love for her to be super smart, or super athletic, I think I'm most happy that she is a GOOD KID. That means I'm doing my job ok (I think!).

Maddie's best friend is Olivia, a little girl in her class. It took her a little bit to feel comfortable, but she has quickly made friends with just about everyone! I LOVE that!! We should all be so lucky to count everyone our friend and to have people like us for who we are. Maddie goes to her own beat, and the other kids don't seem to mind.
 
We are beginning the process of reading. She can read sight words, and simple (think Dick and Jane) books already!!! I'm hoping this summer we'll continue all the awesome progress!
 
Maddie can count to 100 and beyond. I don't know how far "beyond" because I think she gets bored starting over and quits counting. Can't say I blame her.
 
Maddie now sits WITH US through the entire church service! We have a special bag of coloring books, scratch paper, and color pencils that she ONLY gets to take to church. She sits so quietly and colors her pages while the pastor talks. I'm amazed!!! I don't think I can sit that still now, let alone at 6. And just when I think she doesn't pay attention, she asked me one Sunday when we had a guest speaker where the normal guy was. :)

She can snap her right fingers.



That's about all I can think of! We really couldn't be more proud, amazed, and in love with our little girl. God sure knew we needed her. She is such a blessing to our lives!

Happy 6th Birthday my sweet sweet little girl!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

6 is lovely let me take you to the change room and get you nkd, I will lick your p--y for you before I take you in the showers and give you your present, your mouth is going to feel amazing wrapped around my c--k sucking it and then I am going to make that sweet, tight, soft child body feel soooooooooooooooooooo good